This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
Re: relayfs broken on FC6 and 2.6.18-rc kernels
- From: Dave Jones <davej at redhat dot com>
- To: Martin Hunt <hunt at redhat dot com>
- Cc: SystemTAP <systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 10:41:59 -0400
- Subject: Re: relayfs broken on FC6 and 2.6.18-rc kernels
- References: <1157637138.2586.3.camel@dragon>
On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 09:52:18AM -0400, Martin Hunt wrote:
> In file included
> from /usr/local/share/systemtap/runtime/transport/transport.c:22,
> from /usr/local/share/systemtap/runtime/io.c:14,
> from /usr/local/share/systemtap/runtime/print.c:15,
> from /usr/local/share/systemtap/runtime/runtime.h:74,
> from /tmp/stapsXUGn0/stap_2858.c:32:
> /usr/local/share/systemtap/runtime/transport/relayfs.c: In function
> /usr/local/share/systemtap/runtime/transport/relayfs.c:98: error:
> 'struct inode' has no member named 'u'
> I see relayfs docs have been updated in those kernels. Can anyone get
> the code changes checked in to systemtap?
This is due to the struct inode shrinking patches we carry.
In most cases the fix is a trivial s/->u.generic_ip/->i_private/
See the linux-2.6-inode-diet-* patches in the kernel CVS/SRPM
for more pointers.