This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
Re: [RFC] Proposal of marker implementation
- From: "Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche at redhat dot com>
- To: Masami Hiramatsu <masami dot hiramatsu dot pt at hitachi dot com>
- Cc: systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com, Yumiko Sugita <yumiko dot sugita dot yf at hitachi dot com>, Satoshi Oshima <soshima at redhat dot com>, Hideo Aoki <haoki at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 09:53:33 -0400
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Proposal of marker implementation
- References: <44D97397.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <44F7A129.email@example.com>
> I discussed this idea and your question in Hitachi, and I
> decide to shelve it, because realizing this idea is not easy
> on the other arch, and there are no proofs of big advantages.
> I just minded the overhead of current approach [...]
I understand. Thank you for thinking of these other methods.
In time, we may include several of the ideas in the code.