This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
Re: [RFC] Proposal of marker implementation
- From: fche at redhat dot com (Frank Ch. Eigler)
- To: Masami Hiramatsu <masami dot hiramatsu dot pt at hitachi dot com>
- Cc: SystemTAP <systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com>, Yumiko Sugita <yumiko dot sugita dot yf at hitachi dot com>, Satoshi Oshima <soshima at redhat dot com>, Hideo Aoki <haoki at redhat dot com>
- Date: 31 Aug 2006 13:51:55 -0400
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Proposal of marker implementation
- References: <44D97397.email@example.com>
Masami Hiramatsu <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I'd like to suggest my marker idea which I spoke in OLS.
> My idea is based on the "section" of elf binary and the djprobe.
Can this approach could be made "pluggable" in the sense of
interchangeable with the other type at the call site? Can you make a
version of these macros that adds reliable parameter passing? Can you
outline a proof-of-concept of the probe that would use these hooks?
Is live activation/deactivation of the probes a problem on complex
hosts (smp / preempt)?