This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
RE: Getting at parameters on kernel.inline probes?
- From: "Stone, Joshua I" <joshua dot i dot stone at intel dot com>
- To: "Alan D. Brunelle" <Alan dot Brunelle at hp dot com>
- Cc: <systemtap at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 10:15:32 -0700
- Subject: RE: Getting at parameters on kernel.inline probes?
On Tuesday, August 29, 2006 8:44 AM, Alan D. Brunelle wrote:
> I'm looking into a quick blktrace -> SystemTAP set of functions, and
> ran into a problem right at the start:
> Is there some magic needed, or is it not possible (in all cases) to
> get at parameters to in-lined functions?
In some cases, compiler optimizations may make it impossible to access
the parameter that you want. It might be possible for us to do better
though, and there is a bug open on this topic.