This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
Re: How to create kernel-debuginfo
- From: Li Guanglei <guanglei at cn dot ibm dot com>
- To: "sunzen w." <sunzen at gmail dot com>
- Cc: systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:45:04 +0800
- Subject: Re: How to create kernel-debuginfo
- Organization: IBM CSTL
- References: <email@example.com>
sunzen w. wrote:
I'm trying systemtap-snapshot-20060826 on Linux 2.6.18-rc3.
The current problem for me is how to get the kernel-debuginfo for
Linux 2.6.18-rc3. I searched the network , but found no results ,
neither got any tips about creating a kernel-debuginfo by oneself.
Could anyone give me some guides about it? Any commit is appreciated.
turn on "kernel hacking-->Compile the kernel with debug info" and
recompile your kernel. The debuginfo file will located at
you need copy it into /boot/vmlinux-xxx.debug.
You need also turn on the following options:
1. relayfs support:
General setup-->Kernel->user space relay support (formerly relayfs)