This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
[Bug documentation/3094] New: incorrect usage of '-' in manpages
- From: "eugen at debian dot org" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 19 Aug 2006 18:17:51 -0000
- Subject: [Bug documentation/3094] New: incorrect usage of '-' in manpages
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
Symbol '-' is sometimes incorrectly used in systemtap manpages to represent
minus sign. groff translates that symbol to hyphen (‐, U+2010) if UTF-8 locale
is used, that symbol may look identical to minus, but it will cause problems if
someone copies text from manpages to script or command-line. One should use '\-'
to represent minus sign in manpages.
Summary: incorrect usage of '-' in manpages
AssignedTo: systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com
ReportedBy: eugen at debian dot org
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.