This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
Re: stap in RHEL5 Alpha 1 x86_64
- From: William Cohen <wcohen at redhat dot com>
- To: Jim Keniston <jkenisto at us dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: SystemTAP <systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 11:31:24 -0400
- Subject: Re: stap in RHEL5 Alpha 1 x86_64
- References: <email@example.com>
Jim Keniston wrote:
I just got done helping a SystemTap user resolve a problem. He had
recently installed RHEL5 A1 on his x86_64 system, and was trying to use
SystemTap. stap was reporting a compile error in runtime/alloc.c (ref
to for_each_cpu in _stp_alloc_cpu). Even a simple hello-world script
"stap -V" reported:
SystemTap translator/driver (version 0.5.5 built 2006-04-05)
(Using Red Hat elfutils 0.121 libraries.)
I realize Alpha 1 was a while ago, but that seems pretty old.
Anyway, he fixed it by building and installing the latest snapshot from
Does this incident warrant a bugzilla?
That sounds like bz 2903. This has already been taken care of in the