This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
Re: Location of vmlinux debuginfo file
- From: Mike Mason <mmlnx at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: "Stone, Joshua I" <joshua dot i dot stone at intel dot com>
- Cc: "Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche at redhat dot com>, SystemTAP <systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 11:50:47 -0700
- Subject: Re: Location of vmlinux debuginfo file
- References: <C56DB814FAA30B418C75310AC4BB279D6D89F3@scsmsx413.amr.corp.intel.com>
I plan to look into this and submit a patch once I get a couple other things
off my plate. I'll address the command line option as well.
Stone, Joshua I wrote:
On Friday, August 11, 2006 5:54 AM, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
Mike Mason <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
By default, the SLES 10 kernel debuginfo package puts its vmlinux
file in /usr/lib/debug/boot/vmlinux-`uname -r`. [...]
A patch to support this would be welcome. It may involve modifying
the "debuginfo_path" variable in tapsets.cxx, or might involve
lower-level elfutils changes.
If someone addresses this, it might also be good to make a command-line
option for the debuginfo location, as per bug #2151.