This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
RE: Location of vmlinux debuginfo file
- From: "Stone, Joshua I" <joshua dot i dot stone at intel dot com>
- To: "Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche at redhat dot com>, "Mike Mason" <mmlnx at us dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: "SystemTAP" <systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 11:31:17 -0700
- Subject: RE: Location of vmlinux debuginfo file
On Friday, August 11, 2006 5:54 AM, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> Mike Mason <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> By default, the SLES 10 kernel debuginfo package puts its vmlinux
>> file in /usr/lib/debug/boot/vmlinux-`uname -r`. [...]
> A patch to support this would be welcome. It may involve modifying
> the "debuginfo_path" variable in tapsets.cxx, or might involve
> lower-level elfutils changes.
> - FChE
If someone addresses this, it might also be good to make a command-line
option for the debuginfo location, as per bug #2151.