This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
Re: [Fwd: Fw: [Fwd: [Fastboot] [RFC]Explanation of Partial dump 3 (analyzingkernel debug information)]]
- From: fche at redhat dot com (Frank Ch. Eigler)
- To: Vara Prasad <prasadav at us dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: systemtap <systemtap at sourceware dot org>, kexec-kdump-list at redhat dot com, vgoyal at redhat dot com
- Date: 07 Aug 2006 16:12:07 -0400
- Subject: Re: [Fwd: Fw: [Fwd: [Fastboot] [RFC]Explanation of Partial dump 3 (analyzingkernel debug information)]]
- References: <44D77182.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> [...] SystemTAP also uses libdwarf and I think SystemTAP is being
> shipped with RHEL5. So I hope libdwarf package should already be in.
It's a different libdwarf. The one you are referring to is from
http://reality.sgiweb.org/davea/dwarf.html; the one we use is a
reimplementation within a larger library called elfutils.
> (Assuming that systemtap folks have created a separate package and
> have not encapsulated the library in system package and linked to it
As it turns out, we use a bundled elfutils for older RHEL builds
and an unbundled (system) elfutils for Fedora builds of systemtap.