This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
Re: using get_cycles() to get the real elapsed time
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: "Gui,Jian" <guij at cn dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: "Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche at redhat dot com>, Li Guanglei <guanglei at cn dot ibm dot com>, "systemtap at sourceware dot org" <systemtap at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 11:36:45 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: using get_cycles() to get the real elapsed time
> Thanks. sched_clock is a good alternate for do_gettimeofday in LKET.
> But when I read 188.8.131.52 code, I found it still lacks the code to
> handle the CPU frequency variation in ppc64 arch.
Then that's a bug. The scheduler and the CPU clocks rely on sched_clock
giving reliable results.