This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
Re: Problem with modules
- From: fche at redhat dot com (Frank Ch. Eigler)
- To: Ranieri Romera <rromera at terra dot com dot br>
- Cc: systemtap at sourceware dot org
- Date: 03 Aug 2006 21:02:00 -0400
- Subject: Re: Problem with modules
- References: <email@example.com>
Ranieri Romera <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> [...] I can get the information of the kernel.fuction("*"), but if I
> modules ip_tables, nfs, ext3 and other, always return a semantic
> error [...]
This suggests a problem with the modules' debugging information, or
with systemtap's attempts to process it. There is a known
elfutils-related problem that may kick in if systemtap is installed in
an unusual place, and LD_LIBRARY_PATH is unset.
By the way, the wiki page http://sourceware.org/systemtap/wiki/HowToReportBugs
will gradually contain more relevant advice about such problems. Nevertheless,
including basic data like "stap -V" is good general practice.