This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
RE: module("*") wildcard expansion problem
- From: "Stone, Joshua I" <joshua dot i dot stone at intel dot com>
- To: "David Smith" <dsmith at redhat dot com>, "Mike Mason" <mmlnx at us dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: <systemtap at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 10:09:49 -0700
- Subject: RE: module("*") wildcard expansion problem
On Monday, July 31, 2006 7:44 AM, David Smith wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-07-30 at 20:25 -0700, Mike Mason wrote:
>> I noticed that the following line in the current.stp test:
>> expands to every function in modules and the kernel with "interrupt"
>> in its name. I assume it should only expand to functions in modules,
> That certainly doesn't look correct to me. Please file a bugzilla on
> this problem and I'll look into it.
I believe the current parser treats the kernel as a module named
"kernel". That is, kernel.function(...) is equivalent to
I'm not saying that's the way it should be, just that this is the