This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
[Bug kprobes/2062] Return probes does not scale well on SMP box
- From: "bibo dot mao at intel dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 13 Jul 2006 06:21:17 -0000
- Subject: [Bug kprobes/2062] Return probes does not scale well on SMP box
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
------- Additional Comments From bibo dot mao at intel dot com 2006-07-13 06:21 -------
Created an attachment (id=1157)
test case for multi-thread contention kretprobe
This patch tests kretprobe performance by getpid() system call, generally it
will link tls-libc library where pid is cache in thread info and will generate
sys_getpid system call for later times.
So I compile getpid.c with --static option, it will be good if there is better
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.