This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
[Bug kprobes/2062] Return probes does not scale well on SMP box
- From: "bibo dot mao at intel dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 11 Jul 2006 10:45:12 -0000
- Subject: [Bug kprobes/2062] Return probes does not scale well on SMP box
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
------- Additional Comments From bibo dot mao at intel dot com 2006-07-11 10:45 -------
there possibly exists recursive deadlock about kretprobe, recycle_rp_inst() is
called with ri's hash-bucket locked, it maybe walks kfree(ri) function patch,
if kfree funciton is probed also by kretprobe.
And when kfree kretprobe is hit, it will call hash_rp_inst() function, hence
recursive deadlock will occur. This problem also exists on baseline kernel
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.