This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
Re: new systemtapgui release available
Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
Ryan Morse <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:There are build instructions contained in both releases, located in
'Documentation\readme.htm'. We are working on moving everything in the
documentation folder onto the website for easier access. So you don't
have to go look for it, I have included the instructions below.
A new weekly release of the systemtapgui is available.
If build instructions are somewhere in the packages, could you point
them out? If they aren't, please assemble some for us old-schoolers. :-)
SystemTap GUI is packaged as a stand-alone Java application. You may
download and build the source yourself or download a prebuilt version.
NOTE: Installation assumes you already have both Java and SystemTap
A. From Source
1. Download Eclipse
2. http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/ Download the source tarball
3. http://stapgui.sourceforge.net/download.shtml Untar Eclipse
4. tar -xzvf eclipse-SDK-3.1.2-linux-gtk.tar.gz Import the project
Select 'Archive' Click 'Next'
Browse to the directory you downloaded the SystemTapGUI tarball to
Choose a location to import to
5. Click finish Export the project
Open up the com.ibm.ras.systemtap.systemtapgui plugin Open the
systemtapGUI.product file Click on Eclipse Product Export Wizard
under Overview/Exporting Choose Directory for export destination
6. Make sure compiler options are set to Java 1.4 Click finish Run
Locate the exported files and click the SystemTapGUI icon.
B. From Prebuild Tarball
1. Download the binary tarball
2. http://stapgui.sourceforge.net/download.shtml Untar the build
3. tar -xzvf stapgui.tgz Run the application
Open the systemtapGUI folder and double click the SystemTapGUI file
IBM Linux Technology Center