This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
Re: Can't pass options to kernel build system when building systemtap module?
- From: fche at redhat dot com (Frank Ch. Eigler)
- To: Chuck Ebbert <76306 dot 1226 at compuserve dot com>
- Cc: systemtap <systemtap at sourceware dot org>
- Date: 06 Jul 2006 15:14:11 -0400
- Subject: Re: Can't pass options to kernel build system when building systemtap module?
- References: <200607061341_MC3-1-C44A-8F53@compuserve.com>
Chuck Ebbert <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I used this command to build my Linux kernel:
> make CC=gcc411
> When I tried to build a systemtap module, I found no way to pass [that]
You're right, we don't have a specific option for that. You could do
it by hand (from a "-p3 -k" saved temporary tree) but it's not pretty.
I guess it would be nice if the kernel-devel makefiles resulting
from a custom kernel build were to stash their CC also. Oh well.