This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
RE: [PATCH] IA64 kprobe invalidate icache of jump buffer
- From: "Keshavamurthy, Anil S" <anil dot s dot keshavamurthy at intel dot com>
- To: "Mao, Bibo" <bibo dot mao at intel dot com>, "Andrew Morton" <akpm at osdl dot org>
- Cc: <linux-kernel at vger dot kernel dot org>, "Masami Hiramatsu" <hiramatu at sdl dot hitachi dot co dot jp>, "Prasanna S Panchamukhi" <prasanna at in dot ibm dot com>, "Ananth N Mavinakayanahalli" <ananth at in dot ibm dot com>, "Jim Keniston" <jkenisto at us dot ibm dot com>, "SystemTAP" <systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 11:47:29 -0700
- Subject: RE: [PATCH] IA64 kprobe invalidate icache of jump buffer
>From: Mao, Bibo
>Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2006 7:37 PM
>To: Andrew Morton
>Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org; Keshavamurthy, Anil S;
>Masami Hiramatsu; Prasanna S Panchamukhi; Ananth N
>Mavinakayanahalli; Jim Keniston; SystemTAP; Mao, Bibo
>Subject: [PATCH] IA64 kprobe invalidate icache of jump buffer
> Kprobe inserts breakpoint instruction in probepoint and then jumps
>to instruction slot when breakpoint is hit, the instruction slot icache
>must be consistent with dcache. Here is the patch which invalidates
>instruction slot icache area.
> Without this patch, in some machines there will be fault
>instruction slot where icache content is inconsistent with
>is based on 2.6.17 version.
>Signed-off-by: bibo,mao <email@example.com>
Acked-by: Anil S Keshavamurthy <firstname.lastname@example.org>