This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
Re: Question about stpd and install directory
- From: Li Guanglei <guanglei at cn dot ibm dot com>
- To: "Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Nathan DeBardeleben <ndebard at lanl dot gov>, "systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com" <systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 22:05:14 +0800
- Subject: Re: Question about stpd and install directory
- Organization: IBM CSTL
- References: <44A3F255.firstname.lastname@example.org> <44A46124.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Frank Ch. Eigler ??:
I just installed system tap from CVS, configured with:
Note the non-default install directory.
Is there an option I should be passing to stap to find the right
Something is strange here. With my builds (using only --prefix),
the Makefile properly passes the resultant @pkglibdir@ along:
if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../src -I. -DPKGLIBDIR='"/home/fche/Private/DEVEL/DEVEL-systemtap/BUILD/../INST/libexec/systemtap"' -DPKGDATADIR='"/home/fche/Private/DEVEL/DEVEL-systemtap/BUILD/../INST/share/systemtap"' -Iinclude-elfutils -Werror -Wall -g -O2 -MT stap-buildrun.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/stap-buildrun.Tpo" -c -o stap-buildrun.o `test -f 'buildrun.cxx' || echo '../src/'`buildrun.cxx; \
then mv -f ".deps/stap-buildrun.Tpo" ".deps/stap-buildrun.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/stap-buildrun.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
It is that PKGLIBDIR macro that is used in buildrun.cxx in order to
find stpd. What does it say in your builds?
I tried and found if you get a fresh new codes from cvs and then
".configure --prefix=/local/systemtap; make; make install", everything
should be ok.
But if you first install systemtap with the default prefix, and then
you ".configure --prefix=/local/systemtap; ... ", it will complain not
finding tapsets and runtime, just as what Nathan saw.
The reason is because that after "./configure
--prefix=/local/systemtap", Makefile is regenerated to have a new
PKGDATADIR, but stap won't be regenerated, so stap still use the old
So I tried to "make clean" after I use configure to install stap to a
new location, then it won't have problems any more.