Re: SID Comparisons

Hi -

> Okay, just a little bit more. Is there any hard statistic like for
> example i read somewhere in the milis archive someone mentioned
> about 1000MIPS performance or something?

Numbers like that depend on too many factors to answer simply.  sid is
highly configurable, and some options allow trading off between
performance, debuggability, simplicity.

> And maybe some opinion about what makes SID stands up against the
> others.

Sorry, that sort of comparison will be up to you.  A key part of
making such a paper interesting coming up with different axes along
which the tools may be compared.  An overall "winner" is very rare.

> I mean, in my report i have to somehow shows that SID is relatively
> better in comparison.

We'll of be glad if that comes out as your conclusion, but you
certainly shouldn't pre-judge.  I'm sure we'd be curious to read your
paper when it's finished, so please don't forget to send a link!

- FChE