Re: pthreads on Win2k

As I said, I am porting this, and I have been debating this
myself.  It certainly does not seem like a very good idea.
Obviously, the Linux implementers think there is some use.
I can't think of any scenario where this would not be risky
and problematic, but who knows, maybe there is special need
in device drivers, or some equally odd thing that I don't
ever work with.  I will say, even if you can think of a special
case or two where this would be a legit idea, the stuff I am
having to deal with is NOT in any of those categories.  I've
never heard of or seen anything like it before.