Re: Stripping multipart/alternative messages and accepting thetext/plain part.

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Carlos O'Donell
<carlos@systemhalted.org> wrote:
> Dear Overseers,
>
> I know that @sourceware.org doesn't support receiving
> HTML email to the mailing lists. I have read the reasons
> in the FAQ.
>
> It would seem that ezmlm can strip out MIME
> parts from multipart MIME messages. Some mail
> clients use `multipart/alternative' to send both
> plain text and html versions of the same message.
> On many lists this is considered annoying and
> wasteful (messages are usually 2-3 times as large).
> You can have ezmlm remove the html part from such
> messages by adding the line ``text/html'' to
> DIR/mimeremove.
>
> Currently I'm told that the mailing lists are rejecting
> such multipart/alternative emails entirely. This is
> sad because we are loosing volunteers because of it.
>
> We should be supporting such emails by stripping
> the text/html via the ezmlm configure option.
>
> Doing so would allow us to open our mailing lists to
> an even wider audience.
>
> Is this possible?

Has any more thought been given to this topic?

I would like to see progress on this issue since
it impacts the participation of new volunteers
in our community.

Comments?

Cheers,
Carlos.