Re: Long double complex methods

On 6/28/2017 4:36 PM, Dionna Amalie Glaze via newlib wrote:
Gave it a quick look-over (I'm not a core dev, but figured I'd look
since you seem eager). It looks like everything is indeed from the
current NetBSD codebase.

cacoshl.c has #if 0'd code that probably shouldn't be checked in? The
#if 0 is directly from NetBSD, but still #if 0s aren't nice.

clogl.c why not use cargl(z) for rr? The compiler would inline it, and
arg(z) is closer to the math.

cprojl.c More of a note to others: I was confused why you would use
HUGE_VAL instead of __INFINITY, but apparently that was a conscious
change here http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/lib/libm/complex/cprojl.c?rev=1.6&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&only_with_tag=MAIN
from http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/lib/libm/complex/cprojl.c?rev=1.5&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&only_with_tag=MAIN

I can't argue the rationale for any of the above except to
say that the goal is to import unmodified source from
third party sources. Newlib generally trusts that the
upstream sources are "reputable".

Would you please include additions to libm/test/ for your included
functionality? That probably should be upstreamed to NetBSD too, since
I see they have no tests *gasp*
http://www.mirrorservice.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/src/tests/lib/libm/

Agreed they need tests but that would be a NetBSD issue.

Also, although I don't know how to run them, doesn't someone
run glibc tests on newlib? They likely have tests for this for
newlib's purposes.

<hint>I would like to know how to run then</hint> :)

Aditya.. file a NetBSD ticket with the list of methods they
don't have any tests for. I may have to get a NetBSD account
so I can track the ticket.

FWIW Aditya is a Google Summer of Code student for RTEMS working
to improve POSIX compliance for newlib and by implication
RTEMS and Cygwin. Issues with upstream sources with the code
should be filed upstream.