On 24/05/17 07:42, Sebastian Huber wrote:
On 23/05/17 17:16, Craig Howland wrote:
On 05/23/2017 04:23 AM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
The Termios header <sys/_termios.h> used _POSIX_SOURCE directly to
determine if a thing should be exposed to the user. This circumvented
the feature mechanisms of <sys/cdefs.h>.
Would you please explain why !_POSIX_SOURCE being replaced with
__BSD_VISIBLE rather than, for example, !__POSIX_VISIBLE?
A negation of visibility define makes no sense.
That is, you seem to not only be updating to sys/features.h macro names, but
also shifting exactly how the gate is done. (I'm not saying it is
necessarily incorrect, just that the explanation does not mention the logic
change. The two are not logical opposites, so an implication is that the
original gate of POSIX is not really the right one.)
This is an import from FreeBSD. To me this looks like FreeBSD forgot to
update the Termios headers to use the visibility defines.
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2017-May/051069.html
I changed this in FreeBSD:
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=318780
I will send a v2 of the patch set for Newlib.