Re: Compiling subset of newlib

On 11/12/2016 8:15 AM, Alexander Kurakin wrote:
Good day!

I want to compile a subset of Newlib. For own toy OS (ttarget is ST32F4xx based on ARM). It provides _exit, environ, sbrk and times. So I want to have functions like strle, printf, etc.

How do I do this? Thanks.

Why do you need to do this? Only the methods you link in
and their dependencies will end up in your statically
linked executable.

You probably want to turn on the options for smaller
targets from the configure list. See the configure --help
output for ideas.

--joel