This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Configure switch to enable 64-bit time_t?
- From: Freddie Chopin <freddie_chopin at op dot pl>
- To: newlib <newlib at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 14:51:44 +0200
- Subject: Configure switch to enable 64-bit time_t?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Would it be a good idea to have a configure switch which would force
time_t to be 64-bit "long long" instead of 32-bit "long"? Or maybe it
would be a better idea to have "long long" as default now for all
platforms? The problematic moment is 22 years away, but some of my
customers like to be sure that the devices they sell can work until the
"end of days", not just until 2038 (;