This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
aligned_alloc (C11) calls posix_memalign (posix) unconditionally: bug?
- From: Thomas Preudhomme <thomas dot preudhomme at foss dot arm dot com>
- To: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 17:55:55 +0100
- Subject: aligned_alloc (C11) calls posix_memalign (posix) unconditionally: bug?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
GCC testcase g++.dg/cpp1z/aligned-new6.C fails to build on arm-none-eabi because
it pulls aligned_alloc which requires posix_memalign which is not defined for
Is this a case where some code is simply missing to make this work on bare-metal
targets or is this a bug? I thought posix could only be expected when targetting
a system with OS and therefore posix_memalign should not be called for