RE: Newlib port for new architecture

Hi,

I am using Cygwin to configure the newlib in windows environment [ I wanted to check if build for arm is working before I start porting code for tricore arch]
I am trying to use pre-built gcc image of arm [SysGCC ] for trial purpose. It is added in path variable, still not getting recognized.  Attaching the logfile also.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

kumavaru@BLR /cygdrive/c/Varun/01_Work/23_eLuaPort/newlib/newlib-m68-aout
$ ../newlib-cygwin/configure  --target=arm-eabi
checking build system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking target system type... arm-unknown-eabi
checking whether ln works... yes
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /usr/bin/sed
checking for gawk... gawk
checking to see if cat works as expected... yes
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cl.exe... no
configure: error: in `/cygdrive/c/Varun/01_Work/23_eLuaPort/newlib/newlib-m68-aout':
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
See `config.log' for more details.

Regards,
Varun Kumar