Re: error building gcc w/ newlib

On Sun, Jun 26, 2016 at 12:43 AM, Wilkes, John <John.Wilkes@amd.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion. If I configure the second gcc invocation with "--with-newlib", I get an earlier compile-time error complaining that "typeof" is not declared:
If you don't need it, you can probably work around this with
--without-libquadmath

> One of the errors is from "ld" complaining that it can't find crt0.o. I intend to use this tool chain (if I can ever get it to build and install) for FreeRTOS development, and crt0 is neither needed nor used by FreeRTOS, which is why I don't have one.

This is most likely the reason that you're failing the link test later on.
I think you're either going to have to pass --with-newlib and fix
whatever other issues that causes, or just create a dummy crt0.o to
make configure happy.
Your best bet is probably --with-newlib --without-libquadmath.
Hopefully that'll be enough.

Thanks,

Peter