This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: License terms for a newlib source file
- From: Jeff Johnston <jjohnstn at redhat dot com>
- To: Jens Wiklander <jens dot wiklander at linaro dot org>
- Cc: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 12:14:49 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: License terms for a newlib source file
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAHUa44HNYOJuOTfqN5Dpzy0425y4uipqim9fNpBEnr+DMpPyHw at mail dot gmail dot com>
The copyright and license that applies for that file is (1) from COPYING.NEWLIB (Red Hat license). The
code was contributed by Nick Clifton (a Red Hat employee) who then worked for Cygnus Solutions which
was acquired that year by Red Hat Inc.
-- Jeff J.
----- Original Message -----
> I'm working on an open source project with BSD license (OP-TEE
> https://github.com/OP-TEE/optee_os) where we have imported some parts
> of newlib. To make it clear for end users we're including the exact
> license and copyright of each file in our project at the beginning of
> each file.
> Can you help me with license and copyright for libc/machine/arm/setjmp.S?