This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: [PATCH] Add simple versions of random() and srandom()
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 13:00:48 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add simple versions of random() and srandom()
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1458687116-16115-1-git-send-email-joel at rtems dot org> <56F223E9 dot 7050300 at cygwin dot com> <56F2A8E7 dot 8020707 at LGSInnovations dot com>
On 2016-03-23 09:32, Craig Howland wrote:
On 03/23/2016 01:04 AM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
On 2016-03-22 17:51, Joel Sherrill wrote:
Prototypes also added for initstate() and setstate() but they
were not implemented.
This should allow Cygwin to remove its own declarations of these
+#if __SVID_VISIBLE || __XSI_VISIBLE >= 4 || __BSD_VISIBLE
#if __MISC_VISIBLE || __XSI_VISIBLE >= 500
No, the value 4 is actually the right one. At first look I had also
thought that it needed to be 500, but it originated in issue 4 as an
X/OPEN UNIX extension (see
and was moved to BASE in issue 5.
Just great, so we have conflicting documentation. :-( I agree with your
assessment but Linux man-pages says it's >= 500: