This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: [PATCH v3 01/24] Feature test macros overhaul: sys/features.h
- From: Craig Howland <howland at LGSInnovations dot com>
- To: <newlib at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 12:44:20 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 01/24] Feature test macros overhaul: sys/features.h
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1458011431-9460-1-git-send-email-yselkowi at redhat dot com> <1458011431-9460-2-git-send-email-yselkowi at redhat dot com> <56E98BA9 dot 2000906 at LGSInnovations dot com> <56EA6E6F dot 8090002 at cygwin dot com> <56EAD6CF dot 4010700 at LGSInnovations dot com> <56EB1FFA dot 7000401 at cygwin dot com>
On 03/17/2016 05:22 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
I realize that this specific patch is closed out now, but to address your
question: yes, this sounds like a good idea (for possible future implementation).
On 2016-03-17 11:09, Craig Howland wrote:
Is it a Newlib invention?
Of course not, these are all based on glibc feature test macros. Although I
did consider adding a _NEWLIB_SOURCE for newlib-specific symbols, but adding
support for _DEFAULT_SOURCE made that moot.
Hmm, now that you mention it, maybe we should at least have an internal
__NEWLIB_VISIBLE triggered by _DEFAULT_SOURCE (along the lines of BSD and
SVID) instead of using __MISC_VISIBLE, so that newlib-specific functions are
better marked. Thoughts?