This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: Adding new pthread methods
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 13:38:28 -0600
- Subject: Re: Adding new pthread methods
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56C22196 dot 9070606 at oarcorp dot com>
On 2016-02-15 13:05, Joel Sherrill wrote:
I am planning to add a few new pthread methods to RTEMS.
My question on each is what feature guard conditions should
be around them.
The Linux man-pages don't indicate any guards for these functions,
however that would not seem to be correct.
+ pthread_condattr_getclock and pthread_condattr_setclock
first appeared in Issue 6 and per the Open Group page was
derived from IEEE Std 1003.1j-2000.
+ pthread_getcpuclockid was first in Issue 6 and was
derived from IEEE Std 1003.1d-1999
The Linux feature test macros do not appear to recognize any steps
between POSIX.1c (199506L) and POSIX.1-2001 (200112L). Therefore,
unless we create such granularity, in my proposed rework:
+ pthread_setschedprio was first in Issue 6.
In my proposed rework: __POSIX2001_VISIBLE.