This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Obsolete and Removed POSIX Functions
- From: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- To: "newlib at sourceware dot org" <newlib at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 13:09:38 -0600
- Subject: Obsolete and Removed POSIX Functions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I am unsure how methods noted by POSIX as obsolete should
For example, asctime() and asctime_r() were marked as obsolescent
in Issue 7.
Similarly, that page lists some methods that should be removed.
I am assuming it is OK to still support them but what should the
Just curious as we tighten things up.