This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Predicting/calculating Newlib Memory Use
- From: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- To: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 07:21:30 -0600
- Subject: Predicting/calculating Newlib Memory Use
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
We have had some discussions in the RTEMS community about knowing when newlib allocates memory, for what purpose, and how much. Embedded developers like to know when mallocs happen.
Attempts with cflow and similar haven't gotten us very far at even answering the "when" part of that.
Ideally, the newlib documentation could grow to include this but we haven't figure out how to gather this.