This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: [PATCH] Automated the generation of the __NEWLIB__, __NEWLIB_MINOR__ and __NEWLIB_PATCHLEVEL__ macros.
- From: Jeff Johnston <jjohnstn at redhat dot com>
- To: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 08:27:06 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Automated the generation of the __NEWLIB__, __NEWLIB_MINOR__ and __NEWLIB_PATCHLEVEL__ macros.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160125201938 dot GA19917 at bling> <20160128103806 dot GD10851 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
I am in Belgium this week. Most of the patch is fine, however, there is a problem caused
because <sys/features.h> doesn't include <newlib.h> and existing code could be expecting
<sys/features.h> to bring in the definition of the macros.
-- Jeff J.
----- Original Message -----
> On Jan 25 21:19, Pieter du Preez wrote:
> > Currently, the newlib version information needs to be
> > setnewlib/acinclude.m4
> > in two places:
> > - newlib/acinclude.m4
> > - newlib/libc/include/sys/features.h
> > This patch moves the definition of the __NEWLIB__ and __NEWLIB_MINOR__
> > macros from newlib/libc/include/sys/features.h, to the generated
> > newlib/newlib.h file. Additionally, the __NEWLIB_PATCHLEVEL__ macro
> > was created, for completeness. This is in line with what gcc does
> > for its versioning macros.
> I defer to Jeff for this. Jeff?
> Corinna Vinschen
> Cygwin Maintainer
> Red Hat