This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: C99 support in Newlib
- From: "Andre Vieira (lists)" <Andre dot SimoesDiasVieira at arm dot com>
- To: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 18:33:31 +0000
- Subject: Re: C99 support in Newlib
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAOAAYWCVo=_y_z-MMv+kPSnOkdmZyRmdf7-vSBTMxYhD_dpc8Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150114161728 dot GJ15791 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <CAL0py27b0tRYe31X9cSW9FpP8swbY5YLk9UM4XUZk9XTb3vT4w at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150120100612 dot GZ3122 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <54BE3A2F dot 2030703 at op dot pl> <20150120114638 dot GC3122 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <54BE40DE dot 9080206 at op dot pl> <5693BBDB dot 9030403 at arm dot com> <5697AAE6 dot 8010602 at arm dot com> <5697BE50 dot 9080608 at oarcorp dot com> <5697CFED dot 1020901 at arm dot com> <569E6997 dot 70500 at oarcorp dot com> <569E6D6D dot 1080108 at gmail dot com> <569E87B0 dot 1000005 at oarcorp dot com>
On 19/01/16 19:00, Joel Sherrill wrote:
On 1/19/2016 11:07 AM, Marco Atzeri wrote:
On 19/01/2016 17:51, Joel Sherrill wrote:
So the missing C99 functions are the:
- Complex Arithmetic (all long double versions)
Yep. ~24 methods if I am counting right.
Much more long double are missing if "long double" != "double"
The implementation of truly "long double" functions is limited
to few cases
OK. Thanks for the clarification.
Do you have a master list posted somewhere? As I asked earlier,
what are your implementation plans? I am considering a project
to enhance POSIX conformance for RTEMS+newlib for Google Summer
of Code. If a student is interested, we could have help.
No plans here, so I'd say it would be great if a student or someone
could work on this! C99 compliance would be appreciated I think.