Re: Remove warnings from RTEMS crt0.c

On 08/03/2011 03:10 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
On 08/03/2011 12:38 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
On 08/02/2011 08:13 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
Hi,

The RTEMS crt0.c is just a stub so autoconf
will find methods. It uses a macro to
generate stub bodies for routines we want
autoconf to find that are not in libc.
The macro that generates the stubs does
not generate a return statement with properly
typed argument. So when you do a -Wall, you
get lots of warnings. This just eliminates
the warnings.

OK to commit?
Not for now. I'd firstly want to reproduce the warnings you are
mentioning and check why I don't see them.

I sent a private email to you on 19 July with this and an
explanation.
I saw it, but was busy otherwise and did not have any time to look into them.

I was trying to compile RTEMS with clang.
As you know, I consider these tries to be broken and invalid, because you are using an different toolchain for a different target.

FWIW You will also see a number of other warnings.
FYI: I see ZERO warnings when bootstrapping GCC+newlib.

Apart of this, should there be warnings, these likely are harmless and just "stylishness", because this crt0.c's only purpose is to provide symbols and doesn't have any actual functionality,

I need
to build with multilib disabled to get an accurate count
and submit patches for the obvious ones.#
This is another remark, I do not understand - It could indicate a bug in GCC's configuration.

However, I am currently on vacation and only sporadically touch a
keyboard. I'll try to check ASAP, but I hardly will be able to check
before last week of August.
I'll likely launch an RTEMS toolchain spin, either today or later this week for other reasons and check the build.logs.

Ralf