Re: On the toplevel configure and build system

> > (h) utils - I don't know what to do with this directory or where it best
> > goes.
>
> relates to the other bits of src and where it would best go if src is
> split up.

For example, the MeP utils is used to reconfigure gcc, binutils, cgen,
sid, and a few other places (libgloss) according to the templates
provided by the chip fab (MeP is a synthetic chip) so as to match the
specific cpu configurations in your chip (how many cores, which
options each core has, memory layout, etc).

(for the lawyers: we were careful to make the resulting files just as
editable as one would expect, you do not *need* these utils to
build/hack/use the gnu tools, only if you want an easier way to
customize them for specific hardware)