Re: Mixing function pointers and regular functions with the _EXFUN macro

On 16/12/09 07:41 PM, Jerker Bäck wrote:
Leave the original _EXPARM macro alone and create a new macro: _EXFNPTR
which you can define as you have changed _EXPARM.  Use the new macro in
your patch and please post the finished patch "here" and not in the bug.
   I am going to close bugzillas from now on immediately.

If you can do this by tomorrow afternoon, I'll get the patch in for the
snapshot.

-- Jeff J.

OK, thanks!

I agree completely with Craig that _EXFNPTR is a better name. I also think
that the original idea from 2000 is a clever model, since it solves a common
issue when compiling unix source in Windows. Just note that for the patch to
work, it has to be consistently applied to all function pointers, leaving
the old macro name obsolete. Also note the changes in unistd.h.

Cheers
Jerker B

Patch applied.