This is the mail archive of the newlib@sourceware.org mailing list for the newlib project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: [PATCH/RFA] Revamp wctomb/mbtowc conversion, add more charset support


Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Mar 20 15:27, Jeff Johnston wrote:
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Mar 20 18:56, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Or, couldn't we define just a single additional setting like, say
_MB_EXTENDED_CHARSETS, which can be set in config.h in a target-specific
manner?
Or maybe two like

  _MB_EXTENDED_CHARSETS_ISO
  _MB_EXTENDED_CHARSETS_DOS


Corinna


I can live with that for now.

Thank you. I'll add those two above. Besides of the fixes Craig proposed, I also found that I'm ignoring reentrancy at two or three points in the code. I'll fix that as well. I'll update the patch and send it again next week.

Again my other question from my original mail in this thread.

Would it generally be an appreciated idea to add correctly working
support for all supported singlebyte charsets to the singlebyte ctype
functions, like isalpha, ispunct, etc?  I'm willing to do that.  In
theory I would just add new ctype arrays and resetting the __ctype_ptr
to the new array in setlocale().

As long as the embedded platforms are protected from dragging in stuff they aren't using,
certainly.


-- Jeff J.
Corinna



Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]