RE: Compatibility with Debian 4.0?

OK, it looks like my second guess was the correct one.  Since my initial
problem was with thread spawning, I looked at the preprocessed version
of pthread.c.  It pulls in libc/sys/linux/include/unistd.h which, in
turn, pulls in /usr/include/bits/confname.h.  That's where it gets the
enum for the _SC_* values.

Perhaps my initial problem with sysconf returning -1 for PAGE_SIZE is
due to a mismatch between this system enum and the values defined in
libc/include/sys/unistd.h.  I noticed that the two lists are the same
for the first 5 entries and then diverge completely.

-Jason

Look at the preprocessed output.  Grab the compile line from your make
output and add -E to the line if you're using gcc.  This puts the
preprocessed output into the named file, which includes the places
from which it gets the includes.

I am not too familiar with the newlib build process, so once you find
where unistd.h is coming from, perhaps someone else will be able to
help with why.

Craig