Re: swprintf() and friends?

On Oct 31 12:26, Jeff Johnston wrote:
> Sam Clegg wrote:
>> This question was asked back Feb but I couldn't see any responses:
>>
>> http://sourceware.org/ml/newlib/2008/msg00083.html
>>
>> Are there any plans to add swprintf?  Is is just a question of finding
>> somebody or some time to implement it?
>>
>> cheers,
>> sam
>>
> No, there are no "plans" to do this.  Yes, it is always a question of
> finding somebody to implement it :)
>
> If it is important to an application you wish to use right now with newlib,
> feel free to take a stab at implementing it.

It's not only swprintf, but the whole lot of missing wide stdio functions

  fgetwc
  fgetws
  fputwc
  fputws
  fwide
  fwprintf
  fwscanf
  getwc
  getwchar
  putwc
  putwchar
  swprintf
  swscanf
  ungetwc
  vfwprintf
  vswprintf
  vwprintf
  wprintf
  wscanf

Jeff, where would you put the fwide flag (at least two bytes)?  In
struct __sFILE64 it would fit into _flags2, but where should they go in
struct __sFILE?  Or would it make sense to support wide IO only on
platforms using __LARGE64_FILES?

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen