Re: getopt reinvocation/reentrancy

Jeff Johnston wrote:
Ralf Corsepius wrote:
On Mon, 2008-03-03 at 15:07 -0500, Gregory Pietsch wrote:

I got the definition of the GETOPT_DATA_INITIALIZER macro from that old
libc manual that Joel provided the link for:
http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2004-03/msg00031/libc-manual.diff .

Then Joel might want to recheck his docs.

Google turned up an old patch. :)
Current glibc doesn't have NO_ARG, REQUIRED_ARG, OPTIONAL_ARG nor
GETOPT_DATA_INITIALIZER.

FWIW: I removed these defines from the RTEMS newlib's sources.

And fixed the RTEMS source that used them I see. :)
Unfortunately that break the code.

struct getopt_data getopt_reent;

while ( (option = getopt_r( argc, argv, "Aimfpcutv", &getopt_reent)) != -1 ) {

Doesn't work because getopt_reent isn't initialized. And there is
no defined way in the getopt.h in the latest RTEMS RPMs to address
that.

Ralf

Ok, here's what I did. The newlib extensions to getopt.h have been
placed under the flag __need_getopt_newlib. Applications ported from
glibc using getopt.h will be name-space equivalent (i.e. no NO_ARG or
GETOPT_DATA_INITIALIZER). Applications needing the reentrant extensions
or preferring to use the old macros, may define __need_getopt_newlib
before including getopt.h. getopt.c defines this flag. I also added a
flag around the whole getopt.c because x86-linux has its own version of
getopt.h which obviously doesn't have the stuff needed to compile getopt.c.
I am ok with that.    The GETOPT_DATA_INITIALIZER is the
only required one for the _r functions AFAIK though.

--joel

  Support Available             (256) 722-9985