Re: Bug in _VFPRINTF_R

> I think there is a bug in _VFPRINTF_R (vfprintf.c) in the string case.

Not a bug.

> I think if cp equals NULL, cp just  should be empty.

Why?  POSIX and C99 are both clear - if cp is NULL, your
program is invoking undefined behavior.  Newlib is allowed
to do whatever it wants, including reformat your hard
drive.  However, for debuggability purposes, we have
instead chosen to copy glibc, and print "(null)" to point
out your non-compliant program a little more nicely.

--
Eric Blake