Re: configury patch to manage whitespace

DJ Delorie wrote:
This is an attempt to work around the "value has changed since
previous run" message that autoconf sometimes emits.  I've been told
that autoconf 2.60 manages variables in sub-configures differently,
which may (perhaps should) also fix this problem.

You obviously know that, but I will point oout nevertheless that we are not using GNU make features in toplevel Makefile.

Is this a direction we want to go in?  Or should we begin to look at
migrating to a newer autoconf?

I lost track of this. Steve Ellcey was working on it, I suppose?

Paolo