Building newlib 1.14

Hi all,

i am building a cross compiler for m68k-elf target. i have built the
binutils and compiler using the native cygwin compiler by setting the
CC flag. Since newlib is to be built using a cross compiler, it
automatically detected the necessary tool chains (m8k-elf-gcc, ar ld
etc.).

1. But in case if i build my tool chain with  a different name such as
m68k-elf-gcc-4.1 etc, how do i pass the argument to the configure
script to explicitly specify my tool chains?

2. If i have to I have built newlib 1.14 using Non GNU Tools e.g Intel
Linux compiler for m68k-elf which contains all as, ld, cc in a single
driver program. then how should i do it.

3. When and how does the kernel header files come in to picture.(is it
only for a canadian cross)   is it ok if i specify just the build dir
$(build_tooldir) in FLAGS_FOR_TARGET.

Thanking you in advance, Rohit