Re: linux/include/asm-arm/unistd.h

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 05:16:46PM -0700, Shaun Jackman wrote:
> Hello Russell,
>
> I'd like to include portions of linux/include/asm-arm/unistd.h --
> namely the __NR_xxx definitions, and not the macros -- in the embedded
> ARM target of newlib's libgloss. For the embedded targets, newlib
> requires a license at least as permissive as the BSD license. May I
> use the __NR_xxx portions under a license such as...
>
> 	Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software
> 	is freely granted, provided that this notice is preserved.

Firstly, IANAL.

I can't guarantee that I'm the sole holder of copyright on that file,
so I can't really give permission.  I do know others have modified it.

That said, if you were to extract the definitions and indirectly used
them to create an interface header such that you were compatible with
the kernel, I doubt there would be any problem.  (Some countries even
explicitly allow such actions and are not revokable by copyright.)
To avoid any confusion, this paragraph is _not_ a grant of permission
in any way what so ever.

--
Russell King