Re: [patch] adjust libgloss addresses for 64-bit

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005, Eric Christopher wrote:

> (personally I think if we want to load a constant into a register using
> a macro we should use li, not la).

 Absolutely.  Sometimes it may be hard to fulfil, though, e.g. the address
supplied may be a result of macro expansion at the preprocessing stage and
depending on some options it may expand either to a constant or to
something else, e.g. a symbol.  Making the instruction a part of the
expansion may be difficult or at least obscure.  And a constant is a valid
address after all. ;-)

  Maciej