Porting newlib.

Good morning.

I have some questions about porting Newlib. It seems that for a new platfrom support we typicaly need :
- a linkscript (no deal with newlib, but with binutils/ld)
- a start code and syscalls implementation (that must be provided for newlib).
- some other thing ?

Moreover, your online doc on libc tells us to implement a minimum set of syscalls. For example _exit close etc...
In this doc, some function begin with an underscore and other not.
In the syscall.c and libcfunc.c (in the newlib/libc/sys/arm directory) it is explain :
- Functions which begin with an underscore are in the system namespace and go in the syscall.c file.
- Functions without leading underscore are in the C namespace and go in the libcfunc.c file.

I don't understand the difference between the system namespace and C namespace and my questions are :
Are system namespace and C namespaces equivalent to user space and kernel space in the Linux kernel ?
Which minimum syscalls should we provide : with underscore or without ?
If we provide some underscore functions, should we provide the sames without underscore ?

Ok, a last thing : in the newlib/configure.host there is [code] arm-*-*) if [ "x${newlib_may_supply_syscalls}" = "xyes" ] ; then sys_dir=arm fi ;; [/code] and in newlib/libc/sys/arm/Makefile.am : [code] if MAY_SUPPLY_SYSCALLS extra_objs = syscalls.o else extra_objs = endif lib_a_SOURCES = libcfunc.c trap.S [code]

The facts :
If newlib may not supply syscalls, the sys_dir is not set and neither syscalls.c or libcfunc.c are used.
If newlib may supply syscalls either syscalls.c and libcfunc.c are used.
The question :
Is there any case where syscalls.c is used and libcfunc is not or the oposite ?

Thank you.

Paul.